The Health Connector is looking for an Assistant General Counsel (AGC) who will provide legal advice and assistance to Health Connector management and staff in a broad range of substantive areas. The AGC will work in a fast-paced, innovative environment and will participate in interdisciplinary teams including health care policy, IT and operations staffs to design and improve systems that serve the public and fulfill the Health Connector’s mission.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the procurement, drafting, negotiation, and management of complex contracts for services provided to the Health Connector, including contracts with insurance carriers, IT and other vendors, and other business partners.
- Providing advice on compliance with federal and state laws, with a particular focus on issues regarding health insurance, the administration of government benefit programs, data privacy and security, and e-commerce.
- Responding to and assisting in resolving consumer coverage issues from members, their representatives, and other state agencies.
- Providing advice on administrative law questions, including public record and open meeting law issues. Responding to public records requests, as needed.
- Handling litigation matters or managing outside counsel in litigation, as the need arises.
- Providing legal expertise to support ongoing compliance efforts in the areas of data privacy and security, financial management, fraud prevention, and program integrity.
- Drafting and interpreting regulations to govern Health Connector business, as required.
- J.D. degree and admission to the Massachusetts bar.
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in the areas of areas of health care law, insurance regulation, health-related government benefit programs, administrative law and/or information technology.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a rapidly-changing environment
- Familiarity with the legal environment of the Commonwealth and public sector.
Salary: Salary range is competitive; salary will be commensurate with experience.
Work Setting: This position requires the employee to work on-site.
If interested: Send cover letter and résumé to Connectoremail@example.com.
Please note: Due to the requirement of 268A, please complete the Applicant Disclosure Form and return with your application.
About the Health Connector:
The Commonwealth Health Insurance Connector Authority (Health Connector) is an independent public authority serving as the Affordable Care Act (ACA)-compliant marketplace for the Commonwealth. The organization is charged with providing subsidized and unsubsidized health insurance to individuals and small employers. The Health Connector also oversees policy development related to health care reform under both state and federal laws, as well as conducting public education and outreach about health care reform and coverage opportunities
The Health Connector is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity as a vital characteristic of its work force. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, gender identity, national origin or disability.