Length of Assignment: 9 months (October 2019-June 2020)
Reporting to the Manager of Operations, the Business Validation Specialist will perform premium billing and enrollment validation functions and participate in day-to-day team activities and meetings. It is expected that the Business Validation Specialist will develop subject matter expertise in Health Connector policies and procedures and a deep understanding of the scope of functions being implemented in order to perform job responsibilities and contribute to the success of the implementation in the most effective manner.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Understand the Health Connector website functionality being tested through user guides and other written materials available, such as requirements documents
- Conduct business validations, policy and procedure testing, operational readiness activities,
- Create use cases, test cases, perform testing, log and describe defects, and report out on defects
- Conduct business validation testing of eligibility, enrollment, and premium billing notices
- Conduct business validation testing of the Member Portal
- Attend ongoing operations and status meetings, participate in working sessions as needed
- Work collaboratively with the Health Connector internal teams (business, policy, legal and IT) and vendors to coordinate business validation activities
- Providing feedback and recommended changes to system and business functions based on experience from business validations
Experience and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- A minimum of one-year business validation, testing or operations experience required, preferably in a health insurance or healthcare environment
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Knowledge of CRM application preferred
- Commitment to understanding the policies and procedures of related programs and state agencies.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and on a team
Salary: Salary range is competitive; salary will be commensurate with experience.
Work Site: This position requires the employee to work on-site in an open office setting.
Interested: Send cover letter and resume to Connectoremail@example.com.
Please note: Due to the requirement of 268A, please complete the disclosure form and return with your application.
About the Health Connector: The Commonwealth Health Insurance Connector Authority (Health Connector) is an independent public authority serving as the Affordable Care Act (ACA)-compliant marketplace for the Commonwealth. The organization is charged with providing subsidized and unsubsidized health insurance to individuals and small employers. The Health Connector also oversees policy development related to health care reform under both state and federal laws, as well as conducting public education and outreach about health care reform and coverage opportunities.
The Health Connector is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity as a vital characteristic of its work force. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin or disability.