The Health Connector is currently engaged in procurement activities which will result in process and/or vendor changes for services related to Contact Center, Walk-in Centers, Back Office, Document Processing, Mailroom, Enrollment and Premium Billing, Member Portal, CRM and Notices.
The Documentation and Training Coordinator is responsible for creating an inventory of all existing process documents and training materials and working with Health Connector and Vendor staff to conduct gap analysis and create new process documentation and training materials to reflect future state of operations. This role may involve travel to vendor locations to participate in train the trainer sessions and/or conduct agent training.
Length of assignment: 12 – 18 months
Key Responsibilities include:
Work with internal staff, vendors and members of other agencies to implement an umbrella management function that brands, centralizes, and standardizes training, job support, and quality management across all outreach and service channels; provide the direction needed for long-term scalability and consistency.
- Work with internal staff and vendors to create an inventory of all process documents and training materials
- Conduct assessment to determine if existing process documents and training materials are accurately reflecting all existing processes
- Work with internal staff and vendors to create or update any process documents or training materials based on findings from assessment
- Provide expertise and support related to instructional/informational design and development, appropriate content treatment and media, and effective delivery strategies
- Lead the streamlining of current reference material and documentation; identify the need for new job aids, etc.
- Set and maintain standards for training templates, communications, review cycle and methodology
- Coordinate review process and ensure approval of learning and support materials
- Work with internal staff and vendors to develop streamlined, consistent training materials across all channels
- Ensure consistency and ongoing maintenance for training documentation, knowledge management, user guides and policies and procedures
- Assume hands-on role in leading initiative internally and with vendors, related to documentation and training for all of Operations which consists of Contact Center, Walk-in Centers, Back Office, Document Processing, Mailroom, Enrollment and Premium Billing, Member Portal, CRM and Notices
- Collaborate with internal staff and vendor(s) to assure standardization, communication, calibration, and consistency
- Collaborate with project and/or program management team related to documentation and training functions – facilitating meetings, assigning resources, setting timelines and tracking project tasks and schedules
- Prepare and present executive level presentations as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred
- Must have at least two years of experience as a training facilitator, designer or other training support function
- Experience managing and working with multiple vendors
- Healthcare industry experience is preferred
- Must demonstrate clear understanding and appreciation of operational concepts and practices including use of systems, call routing, contact channels, quality initiatives, coaching and mentoring and learning styles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must have superior writing skills for informational and instructional material
- Proficiency in Windows Office Suite (specifically PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- Familiarity within a contact center (contact center and back office) environment is preferred
- Ability to articulate and apply an instructional/informational design methodology
- Working knowledge of state and national healthcare reform and health insurance helpful
- Ability to represent the Connector in a professional manner to external parties
- Commitment to the goals of the Connector and Health Care Reform; ability to support a wide range of constituents in a constructive and informed manner
- Ability to work independently and on a team
Salary: Salary range is competitive; salary will be commensurate with experience.
Work Setting: This position requires the employee to work on-site in an open office setting.
If interested: Send cover letter and résumé to Connectorfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Due to the requirement of 268A, please complete the Applicant Disclosure Form and return with your application.
About the Health Connector:
The Commonwealth Health Insurance Connector Authority (Health Connector) is an independent public authority serving as the Affordable Care Act (ACA)-compliant marketplace for the Commonwealth. The organization is charged with providing subsidized and unsubsidized health insurance to individuals and small employers. The Health Connector also oversees policy development related to health care reform under both state and federal laws, as well as conducting public education and outreach about health care reform and coverage opportunities
The Health Connector is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity as a vital characteristic of its work force. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, gender identity, national origin or disability.