The Health Connector is seeking an intern to join the team for Fall 2019 to assist its Communications activities. This individual will participate in ongoing operational activities as well as implementation for the upcoming open enrollment period with particular focus on web content development and social media marketing.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assist the Associate Director of Web Marketing in planning for the 2019/2020 non-group open enrollment.
- Assist with website and social media social content creation and campaign planning that includes developing a weekly editorial calendar for social media through developing a content strategy, story sharing, and influencer engagement that fits in to the larger marketing plan.
- Monitor messages and post replies on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and our website to drive engagement with our consumers.
- Reviewing social media and web stats and metrics and report findings to the team.
- Stay on top of social and web marketing trends in the health care space.
- Uploading, transcribing, and annotating videos and photos.
- Proofreading and editing web and social media content.
- Other marketing activities and projects as needed.
- Knowledge of social media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, blogs, etc.
- Familiarity with front-end web design, SEO, and content management (WordPress) is preferred
- Ability to create and upload Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, and YouTube digital assets
- Knowledge of video editing software such as Adobe Captivate, Premier Pro, or Windows Live Movie Maker is a plus
- Graphic design experience and knowledge of digital media software – Photoshop or other graphic design software, etc. is preferred
- Experience writing, proofreading, and editing content for the web
Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong MS Office Suite skills, including but not limited to Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with open source content management systems, such as WordPress or Drupal
- Strong writing skills (writing sample may be required)
- Interest in health care reform and health care operations
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team setting
- Ability to take initiative and work independently on projects
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to work under pressure with tight timelines
- Bilingual and able to read, write and speak Spanish proficiently preferred
Education: Undergraduate students and Graduate students concentration in Communications, Marketing (with a concentration / classes in Health) are encouraged to apply.
Salary: This is a paid internship.
Length of Internship: October-June (minimum of 20 hours a week)
Interested: Send cover letter, resume, and optional writing samples to email@example.com
About the Health Connector
The Commonwealth Health Insurance Connector Authority (Health Connector) is an independent public authority serving as the Affordable Care Act (ACA)-compliant marketplace for the Commonwealth. The organization is charged with providing subsidized and unsubsidized health insurance to individuals and small employers. The Health Connector also oversees policy development related to health care reform under both state and federal laws, as well as conducting public education and outreach about health care reform and coverage opportunities. More information about the Connector and its programs is available at www.MAhealthconnector.org.
The Health Connector is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity as a vital characteristic of its work force. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, gender identity, national origin or disability.