Massachusetts Health Connector Nondiscrimination Notice
Last modified December 1, 2016
The Massachusetts Health Connector (Health Connector) complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. The Health Connector does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
The Health Connector:
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats like large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, and other formats.
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact the Massachusetts Health Connector at 1-877-MA-ENROLL (1-877-623-6765) or TTY 1-877-623-7773 for people who are deaf, hard of hearing, or speech disabled.
If you believe that the Health Connector or another party operating on the exchange has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance by mail or email:
Attn: Compliance Manager
Massachusetts Health Connector Compliance Unit
P.O. Box 960189
Boston, MA 02196
- View and download the Health Connector’s Non-Discrimination Complaint Form
- View and download the Health Connector’s Non-Discrimination Grievance Policy and Procedure
If you need help filing a grievance, please email the Compliance Manager at Nondiscrimination@state.ma.us or call 617-936-1037.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal. Click here to go to the Portal now →
Or, file a complaint by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
Phone: 1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available for download on the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Office for Civil Rights website. Click to visit their website see the forms available and how to file a complaint →