How to start plan shopping
Shopping for a 2018 plan
If you are currently enrolled in Health Connector coverage for 2017, follow these four simple steps to shop for a 2018 plan.
Step 1: Sign into your account
Step 2: Go to “My Eligibility” section of your account
Step 3: Under the “Year 2018” section, click on the “Detail” link:
Step 4: From there, you will be able to browse 2018 plans by clicking the “Find a Plan for 2018” button:
Don’t see a “Find a Plan for 2018” button?
- First, check you eligibility. Only households eligible for Health Connector and ConnectorCare plans can shop online through your account.
- Next, see if you already have a plan in your shopping cart. If you have a plan already waiting in your cart, go to your cart to view it. If you want to shop for a different plan, you can do so from your shopping cart.
- Also, check your enrollments. If you already have a future enrollment pending through auto-enrollment or because you already checked out a plan, you can check by clicking on “My Enrollments” in your account’s left-hand navigation. Then, under your 2018 Future Enrollments, you will see a button to cancel or change your plan. This will allow you to shop for a different plan for 2018.
Whether you plan to enroll into the same (or similar) plan as you were in 2017, or shop for a new plan for 2018, you will need to continue to make your premium payments on time to avoid a gap in coverage.
You can update your application information online at anytime by logging into your account. Here’s a list of the application information you can update:
- Add family members
Update if anyone in your household recently got married, had a baby, adopted a child, took custody of a child from foster care or was ordered by a court to provide care for someone.
- Remove family members
Update if you need to remove family members from your application due to death, divorce/annulment/legal separation, or for other reasons.
Change this information if you now make more or less money than when you applied, or if you have a new income source. Special Note about income changes
- Change a status
The types of status that can be changed include your tax filing status, immigration status, citizenship/immigration status, disability status, pregnancy status, American Indian/Alaska Native Tribal status, incarceration status, and foster care status.
- Change home address, name, sex, or add SSN
Update your home address, name, sex, or add a Social Security Number for someone on your application.
- Change additional questions
Update if you need to make a change to the information about the insurance offered by your employer, other insurance coverage (such as, Medicare, TRICARE, Peace Corps, or VA Healthcare Program), or MassHealth-specific questions.
- Change application type
Update questions on whether you want to see if you can get help paying for insurance for you or your family.
Change information about past tax credits
If you’ve received an Advanced Premium Tax Credit or Connector care plan in a past year, you can tell us if you’ve filed taxes and reconciled all past tax credit with the IRS. If you already answered this question once this year, you may not be able to change your response at this time.
Updates you can’t make online
Some updates you can’t make yourself online and you will need to call customer service to make. These are:
Updating an existing Social Security number (SSN)
If you need to update an SSN, you will not be able to do so online, You will need to call customer service to request this change.
Updating an existing date of birth
If you need to update an incorrect date of birth, a customer service representative will need to take this request as updating a date of birth can affect things like your eligibility, your monthly premium amount, and more.
How to update your information, step-by-step:
Step 1: Sign into your account and go to your “My Eligibility” page. You will see “Year 2018” and “Year 2017” applications listed.
Step 2: On the “My Eligibility” page, click “Edit Application” under the Actions column. If you don’t see this link, skip to Step 3.
Step 3: On the next page, you will need to click the “Report a Change” link under the Actions column.
Step 4: On the next page, you will be able to choose the change (or changes) you need to report. Then, click the “Report Changes” button to make your updates.
Note: If you report a change to your 2017 application, you will be asked if the change will continue into 2018.
For example, if you are reporting a move to a new address that you will be living at into until at least January 2018, you will be able to choose to have this information automatically updated for next year as well.
I see both a Year 2018 and a Year 2017 application. Which application should I make changes to?
- If you have any changes that happened in 2017, make those to your Year 2017 application.
For example: You moved on November 5, 2017 and now have a new home address. You should make this change to your Year 2017 application.
- If you have changes that happened in 2017 and will continue in 2018, make those changes on your 2017 application and then choose YES when you are asked if you want to apply those 2017 changes to your 2018 application.
For example: If you expect to still live at your new address you moved to on November 5, 2017 into 2018, click “Yes” to update this information in both Year 2018 and Year 2017 applications.
- If you have changes that will happen in 2018, make those to your Year 2018 application.
For example: If you are planning to move to a new address on January 1, 2018, you should make this change to your Year 2018 application, only.