Broker Tools & Resources
Find useful information below for and about your small businesses clients, such as print applications for Business Express, manuals, brochures, fact sheets, Wellness Track information, links to online resources, and more. Check back often for updates.
Health Connector Helps Brokers Find Small Business Solutions
Benefits expert Darren Ambler knows the challenges that small business owners face when insurance costs strain a tight budget—and that the Massachusetts Health Connector helps brokers find solutions their small business clients need.
Access Broker certification and training information, documents, and events.
Visit this page to download copies of paper application for small-group health and/or dental coverage.
Wellness Track offers you the opportunity to help eligible clients get a rebate of up to 15% on their premium contribution by promoting a healthy workforce.
The Health Connector Broker Enrollment Assister Program
The Broker Enrollment Assister (BEA) Program is a new program launched by the Health Connector that will allow brokers to help individuals and families apply for financial assistance through the Health Connector to pay all or a portion of the costs of their health insurance. Generally speaking, individuals and families earning at or below 400% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) may be eligible for financial assistance in the form of Medicaid (known as “MassHealth” in Massachusetts), tax credits, cost-sharing reductions, or special state programs like ConnectorCare.
APRIL 7, 2016
This free, educational seminar focused on 2016 Compliance Issues and Recent ACA Developments. This event was sponsored by the Massachusetts Health Connector and presented by Rick Szczebak, Esq., of Parker Brown Macaulay & Sheerin, P.C.
This booklet provides a detailed overview of the new national health care reform law and what it means for Massachusetts employers.
This guide is intended to provide a comprehensive overview of the aspects of national health reform that affect employers. It is written to be a tactically useful resource for Massachusetts business owners, human resources professionals, brokers, consultants, advocates, legislators and legislative staff, among others. Our primary audience is small and mid-size fully-insured employers and the human resources and policy professionals that work with them.
- Massachusetts National Health Care Reform Implementation website:mass.gov/nationalhealthreform
- For businesses with questions about MassHealth:mass.gov/MassHealth
- National Health Reform website: healthcare.gov
- Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight:cms.gov/cciio/
- Business USA’s “one-stop-shop” where employers of all sizes can go for information on the Affordable Care Act:Business.USA.gov/healthcare
- US Department of Labor web page on national health reform policies:dol.gov/ebsa/healthreform
- Breastfeeding Information: amchp.org/programsandtopics/data-assessment/projects/Documents/HealthReformBreastfeeding.pdf
- Internal Revenue Service: irs.gov/uac/Affordable-Care-Act-Tax-Provisions
- The Massachusetts Division of Insurance: mass.gov/doi.
- You can also contact DOI Consumer Services email@example.com
- Talk to your broker, if you work with one, about your questions about national health reform
Questions? Contact Customer Service
Business Express Line:
1-877 MA ENROLL (1-877-623-6765)
Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Support is available in all languages.