Small Businesses Tools & Resources
Find useful information below for small businesses such as manuals, brochures, fact sheets, ConnectWell information, links to online resources, and more. Check back often for updates.
This booklet provides a detailed overview of the new national health care reform law and what it means for Massachusetts employers.
ConnectWell offers you the opportunity to earn a rebate of up to 15% on your premium contribution by promoting a healthy workforce.
FEATURED POLICY OVERVIEW
Employee Ability to Enroll in Health Insurance Coverage through Marketplaces When Enrolled in Employer’s Group Health Insurance Plan
There are certain times during the year when individuals can enroll in individual market coverage through a public Marketplace, such as the Health Connector. Generally, enrollment occurs during the annual Marketplace Open Enrollment (MOE) period. For coverage starting in 2015, the proposed Open Enrollment period is November 15, 2014 through February 15, 2015. …
This guide is intended to provide a comprehensive overview of the aspects of national health reform that affect employers. It is written to be a tactically useful resource for Massachusetts business owners, human resources professionals, brokers, consultants, advocates, legislators and legislative staff, among others. Our primary audience is small and mid-size fully-insured employers and the human resources and policy professionals that work with them.
As you may know, the new national health care reform law (the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or ACA) requires employers to issue a Marketplace Notification to current employees by October 1st, 2013, and to new hires within 14 days of the employee’s start date.
The purpose of this requirement is to help employees understand health insurance Marketplaces, which are designed to make it easier for consumers to compare health insurance plans and enroll in coverage. In Massachusetts, the state Marketplace is known as the Massachusetts Health Connector.
- Massachusetts National Health Care Reform Implementation website:mass.gov/nationalhealthreform
- For businesses with questions about MassHealth:mass.gov/MassHealth
- National Health Reform website: healthcare.gov
- Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight:cms.gov/cciio/
- Business USA’s “one-stop-shop” where employers of all sizes can go for information on the Affordable Care Act:Business.USA.gov/healthcare
- US Department of Labor web page on national health reform policies:dol.gov/ebsa/healthreform
- Breastfeeding Information: amchp.org/programsandtopics/data-assessment/projects/Documents/HealthReformBreastfeeding.pdf
- Internal Revenue Service: irs.gov/uac/Affordable-Care-Act-Tax-Provisions
- The Massachusetts Division of Insurance: mass.gov/doi.
- You can also contact DOI Consumer Services firstname.lastname@example.org
- Talk to your broker, if you work with one, about your questions about national health reform
Questions? Contact Customer Service
1-888-813-9220 (TTY: 1-888-213-8163)